Tuesday 10 September 2013

My 6 Steps To Perfect Nails


Hello All!

So today I am going to be doing My 6 Steps To Perfect Nails. I don't really focus on my nails so I'm not an expert but this routine really works for me to make my nails healthy and looking lovely. This is going to be a simple routine as its quicker to do than doing lots of fancy designs (although that does look lovely!) Lets start then - 

Wash your hands and remove any nail polish

Okay so these two things seem obvious but a lot of people miss them out! Firstly, wash your hands! Make sure you get any dirt out from underneath your nails as its really unhygienic if you just leave it there, and it will annoy you after a while hah! Also it will just get any bacteria of your hands before you start. Secondly you need to take any nail vanish off before starting. I use the well know Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover When I say 'take it off' I mean take it ALL off! Try to get rid of any of those bits that get stuck in your cuticles, then you'll have a clean base to start on!

Soften and push back your cuticles

For the next step I use the OPI Nail Treatments Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Replenishing Oil. This is quite a pricey nail oil as I think its around £16.50 but its worth it! But any cuticle oil will do the job:) I just apply this on my cuticles, wait a few minutes and then push my cuticles back with a pusher backer. Then I traipse back to the bathroom and wash my hands again to get all of the oil off!

File and Cut

Next you will need to file and cut your nails. Cutting them isn't essential, it just depends on how short you would like your nails so you can miss this step out if you want. But if you do need to cut your nails, do it now. It doesn't matter how you cut them, its just down to how you like them at the end of the day. Then once your nails are at the length that you want them its time to file. Any old nail file will do, and just file them to how you like them.


Base Coat

I will always apply a base coat as I hate it when you have had a nail vanish on and you go to take it off and it has stained your nails! Sally Hansen Double Duty Base Coat is the best for preventing that happening and it is also a top coat as well so its a great 2 in 1 product. Its around the £5 which is great for what it does! I just apply this on my nails, one coat only, and then its onto the fun part...


Nail Colour

Now this is the part where I spend ages deciding on what nail colour I'm going to choose. At the moment I find that as it is heading towards Autumn I am using slightly darker colours and my favourite dark at the moment is this one, its the Rimmel Lycra Pro nail vanish. This is in the shade 341 Chic and Cheerful (also know as Mushroom). I think they do 8  different shades which include mostly dark colours but a couple of corally pinks as well. Also I love the formula of these nail vanishes as they glide on so smoothly and dry pretty quickly. I always apply two coats just because I think it lasts longer but one coat does the job fine. It says that it lasts up to 10 day wear, I wouldn't say 10 days but around 6-7, which is still really good!


Top Coat

Last of all, I apply my top coat. Usually I use Seche Vite but I have run out of that so I am using my Double Duty for the time being. I apply one coat on top of my nail vanish and then I'm done!

I hope this routine works for you too and if you have any questions just leave them below!

Honor xx



No comments:

Post a Comment