Sunday 8 September 2013

Top 5 CHEAP Drugstore Products


Hey there!

Today, I am going to be doing my 'Top 5 CHEAP Drugstore Products'. This one is makeup themed but there will be skincare and haircare ones too! I just want to say, that, these are going to be the cheaper products from the drugstore as I have had lots of people asking for a favourites for people on a very tight budget. I will be doing a more expensive drugstore favourites coming up though so don't you worry:) These are my favourite underdog products, which means not very many people rave about them! So lets jump straight in there and start -


First of all is the Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream. I have this in the shade light as I am pretty pale! This is light to medium coverage which is good as I go for quite a natural look. It primes, moisturises, minimises pores, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens and helps protect. I love this product especially in the summer as it has an SPF of 25 which is great! I wouldn't recommend this product for people with dry skin as it is quite a matte BB Cream so it may look a little cakey on any dry areas. Also, as I just said it is quite a matte finish so if you prefer a dewy finish then I would go for something else. I use a bit of Olay moisturiser mixed in with it as I prefer it like that. It is on sale for £6.99 which is a bargain for a BB Cream!


The Natural Collection is probably one of my least favourite brands in the drugstore but this eyeshadow, I love. It is in the shade 'Barley' which is creamy gold sort of colour with sparkle running through it which makes it look so pretty. It is so pigmented and is great to use in the inner corner or under the brow to highlight. I sometimes even use it on my cheeks as a highlighter so is a great 2 in 1 product! Its only £1.79 so is literally next to nothing. 


Next is the NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner. This is in pen form and draws a lovely thin line for you on your lash line, it is also great for cat eye flicks. It stays on for hours as well, even on a hot day it does not budge! Quite a lot of people seem to say that it isn't pigmented and comes out light but this is not the case for me. Mine is in the shade 889 Ultra Black and is so pigmented and comes out jet black. It is on the market for £1.99 so is very affordable. 


MUA Lipstick is so cheap its unbelievable! Its is only £1 and is really very pigmented, yes it has its flaws but you can forgive it as it is that cheap it doesn't really matter:) I have this lipstick in the shade 14 which is a nude, my lips but better colour. It is very moisturising and isn't too matte. One of the flaws is that you have to touch it up throughout the day as it only stays on for about 3 hours tops. I would definitely recommend this to anyone on a budget!


Last of all is my favourite out of everything. You will probably be saying, Honor, this is not a cheap product. I know its not very cheap but these are amazing brushes and a worth every penny. They are the Real Techniques Brushes. These brushes vary in price as you can buy them in collection packs in fours or single brushes. I think they start at around £7 and they go up to £12 ish for singular brushes. It is about £21 for a pack. The packs are - The Core Collection, Starter Set, Travel Essentials and Limited Edition Duo Fibre Set. My favourite set is the Core Collection as it just does it for me!

So those were my cheaper drugstore favourites, hope this helped you. Be sure to comment anything below.

Honor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment